top of page

Peru sent 83% of its lettuce shipments to the US

This year's fresh lettuce exports started at a slower pace than in the first quarter of last year. According to information from AgrodataPeru, in this period Peru exported a total of 46,409 kilos of this product at an FOB value of US $128,474. This volume is lower than the volume achieved in the same period of 2016, when the country exported 57,214 kilos for US $168,008.

According to the same source, the main destination was the United States, which received 83% of all shipments. The remaining 17% was divided among other diverse destinations with smaller amounts.

The biggest exporter was Green Vegetables, which is responsible for 88% of dispatches. The average price of fresh lettuce in this period was US $2.77 per kilo.

The exporters of this region will seek to increase and expand their exportable supply during their participation in Expoalimentaria, which will be held between September 26 and 28 in Lima.At the fair, the exporters will have an opportunity to contact representatives of supermarkets, retailers, wholesalers, importers, traders, and suppliers of food from five continents. For more information ask FGH´s International Agribusiness, Latin America's leading Agribusiness Consulting firm

Entradas destacadas
Entradas recientes
Buscar por tags
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Pinterest Social Icon
  • YouTube Social  Icon
  • Google+ Basic Square
  • LinkedIn Social Icon
bottom of page